How to hard reset Motorola Droid Xyboard tablet
There are two ways to do hardset on the Motorola Droid Xyboard, we call it preferred method and alternate method. Most of the time we use the former method to hard reset Motorola Xyboard, it is very easy, From a Home screen, select Apps > Select Settings > Select Privacy > Select Factory data reset > Select Reset device > Select Erase everything. Then your tablet was set to factory default settings, all your own data including the Google account, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications were deleted completely. You have to perform your initial activation and setup on your Motorola Droid Xyboard again.
Then if your Motorola Droid Xyboard is freezing, and have no reaction, or the screen is locked and you forgot the password. You have to choose the alternate method, this method can also load you to the download mode and manuall install software update on your tablet.
1. With the device powered off, press and hold the Volume button then press the Power button to power the device on.
2. When the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears (in the upper left), release the Volume Up / Down keys.
3. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
4. When the Android recovery screen (Android with exclamation point in a yellow triangle) appears, simultaneously press the Volume Up / Down keys.
4. Press the Volume down key to select wipe date / factory reset.
5. Press the Power button.
6. Press the Volume down key to select Yes — delete all user data.
7. Press the Power button.
8. Ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.
So, if you want to install an update manually on your Motorola Xyboard, just place the update.zip file to the root of the sd card and perform the steps above (1~3), and select apply update.