How to: set custom wallpaper on Amazon Kindle Fire
Though there are as many as 21 wallpapers on the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, most of them are not so great and you may want to set some of your own pictures as wallpapers on your device. And I think you know you can customize the wallpaper on the Amazon Kindle Fire as the tablet can be rooted easily, then the next thing is learn how to set your own custom wallpaper on the tablet step by step.
Fortunately, I have found the method of changing the system’s wallpapers into custom pictures on the Amazon Kindle Fire, and share the whole tutorial with you here.
1. Locate your framework-res.apk file found at /system/framework/framework-res.apk
2. Copy onto your computer
3. Download APK Mukti Tool
4. Place your framework-res.apk in the “place-apk-here-for-modding” folder
5. Run Script.bat
6. Press any key to continue
7. Set current project (25) (hint, choose framework-res.apk)
8. Extract apk (1)
9. Go to projectsframework-res.apkresdrawable-mdpi and observe all of the JPEG image named “wallpaper_xx_xxxx”
10. Replace these files with either one image of your choosing or any other you may want. (only replacing, don’t try removing or adding any images)
11. Once you are done editing, go back to APK Multi Tool and “Zip apk” (3)
12. Select “System apk (retains signature)” (1)
13. Set current project (25) – Hint: select unsignedframework-res.apk
14. Next, Zipalign apk (5)
15. Go back to the “place-apk-here-for-modding” folder and copy “unsignedframework-res.apk” elsewhere
16. Rename “unsignedframework-res.apk” to “framework-res.apk”
17. Copy this file back to /system/framework/,
18. Change the permissions to rw-r–r–
Just in case you don’t know the wallpaper filename on the Amazon Kindle Fire, here is a filename list. You can set any image as wallpaper, no size required.
Full filename list: