Nook Tablet tricks: fix USB driver problem
The Amazon Kindle Fire and the Nook Tablet are the most budget and popular android tablets today. Both of these two tablets have no USB driver software, because the USB driver is contained in its utilities. Generally, if you installed the uitility correctly, you wouldn’t have any problem with USB driver, as it would be installed spontaneously to your computer. While I have found many Nook Tablet users encountered problems when the USB driver was installed, and fortunately I have also found a trick about fixing the USB driver issue on Nook Tablet, I think it should help you.
How to fix USB driver issue on Nook Tablet:
1. Make sure usb debugging is checked(both)
2. Automount is not checked
3. Uninstall all drivers in USBdreview
4. Go to Control Panel > Advanced System Settings > Hardware Tab > then click “Device Installation Settings”. Change this setting to “No, let me choose what to do”, and make sure “Never install driver software from Windows Update” is checked below that.
5. Go in Device Manager, expand the USB Mass Storage Device selection, search for the USB Mass Storage device of your Nook Tablet
6. Click “update driver” and select the folder manually
Now you are able to use adb shell on your computer to execute order on your Nook Tablet.